Men are notoriously weak when it comes to staying healthy. For example, let’s say you drink two bottled sodas a day. At roughly 240 calories each, you’ll cut 3,360 calories a week just by switching your soft drink for water. Consequently you’ll lose some kilos, just by omitting soft drinks. This is an example of one of the obvious techniques for men to stay healthy.
Even if you don’t drink soda, there are dozens of simple, everyday habits you can follow to lose weight. In fact, Andy Yurechko, a registered dietician, at Augusta University Medical Center in Georgia, believes the most successful dieters avoid fads and focus on long-term sustainable practices.
10 Obvious Techniques For Men To Stay Healthy
Start with one of these easy habits–today!—and you’ll lose weight and feel better.
- Have a clear goal. It should be one that anyone in the world can measure and understand. Write out your goal and keep it posted somewhere as a reminder when you want to give up.
- Drink tea. Research suggests that those who drink tea—black, green, or white—have lower BMIs and less body fat than those who don’t consume tea.
- Do full body exercises. However, your exercise plan shouldn’t just focus on one area. Instead incorporate exercises that use your whole body. Think: squats, dead-lifts, chin-ups, and push-ups. You’ll get more bang for your buck out of each workout.
- Decrease/eliminate processed carbs. They do nothing for you. In addition they create a favorable environment for gaining fat.
- Eat more veggies. They fill you up, provide plenty of fibre and have few calories. Just avoid high-calorie dressings.
- Eat more fruit. Eating more fruit will not make you gain weight, and that includes the so-called “high sugar” fruits like bananas and melons.
- Lift weights. Develop an exercise plan that includes heavy weights. Build more muscle, burn more calories.
- Cut down rest time between sets. This will keep your heart rate elevated. As a result there will be an increase in calories burned.
- To burn more calories, stay upright. For example do not sitting in front of a computer, TV, phone, etc all day. Stand and you’ll burn more and be more productive.
- Eat more protein. Replacing refined carbohydrates with lean protein will not only help satiate you, but will also increase your metabolism—through something called the thermic effect of food.
In conclusion this list of obvious techniques for men to stay healthy is not exclusive. There are many other tips and techniques available. However what is important is that men pay more attention to their overall health and wellbeing.
If you find yourself struggling with any relationship issues get in touch with us. Send the word “help” to the following WhatsApp number and we will call you +27 81 352 0182 within 48 hours.
Alternately Contact us now to find out more about Mens Clinic International – Relationship issues.
To read more about staying healthy, click here.